Saturday, September 22, 2007

I discovered something rather interesting on the internet some time ago.

The language translator.

I could enter something in English and this site would translate it into French, Spanish, Russian....whatever I wanted.

Pretty cool.

I picked Spanish and started entering some common phrases. Things I think I could use in my mostly Hispanic neighborhood.

I started with "Hello. How are you today?"

"Hola. ¿Cómo está usted hoy?"

Next I picked, "You are a nice person."

"Usted es una persona agradable."

Your sister is cute. Is she single?

"Su hermana es linda. ¿Es ella sola?"

Maybe she would like to go inside with me? Drink a couple of beers?

"¿Ella quisiera quizá ir adentro con mí? ¿Beba un par de cervezas?"

Her butt is nice. May I touch it?

"Su extremo es agradable. ¿Puedo tocarlo?"

Why is your brother looking at me like that?

"¿Por qué su hermano me está mirando como eso?"

Stop hitting me.

"Pare el golpear de mí."

These are all good choices of some phrases I could use around here. I hope you have all learned a little something here today.

1 comment:

Polka Dot said...

hahaha that's awesome!

And yes you've been a baaaad blog buddy. For shame! ; ) It's ok, though, seeing as I still haven't created another xanga acct to read the ones I left behind *sigh* Maybe I'll do that this weekend.